viernes, 22 de julio de 2011

Japa Group: Enter The Kṛṣṇa Planet








PLANET ISKCON


 
----- Original Message -----
From: FeedBlitz
To: 
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:54 AM
Subject: Planet ISKCON - 34 new articles

Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz


Here are the latest updates for  

"Planet ISKCON" - 34 new articles


  1. H.G. Sankarshan das Adhikari, USA: Saturday 30 April 2011--At Home Everywhere--and--Fourteen Planetary Systems
  2. Dandavats.com: Harmony and the Bhagavad-gita: Lessons from a Life-Changing Move to the Wilderness
  3. Dandavats.com: The Launch Of H.H. Bhaktisvarupa Damodar Website
  4. Dandavats.com: Balarama Jayanti New Mayapura
  5. ISKCON News.com: Simplicity Diet
  6. ISKCON Toronto, Canada: A Sneak-Peak at Tomorrow's Enchanting Evening with the Chhandam Dance Company & Toronto Tabla Ensemble!
  7. H.H. Devamrita Swami: The Krishna Problem
  8. Japa Group: Enter The K???a Planet
  9. Toronto Sankirtan Team, CA: Subway meeting
  10. ISKCON News.com: North American Youth Bus Tour Turns Triple Threat
  11. Devadeva Mirel, Alachua, USA: Free Fun : Alachua Picture Tour
  12. ISKCON News.com: Mad Milk for a Mad World
  13. Bhakti Lata, Alachua, USA: Whirlpool of Words
  14. ISKCON News.com: Sai Baba Dead at 86
  15. David Haslam, UK: Friend’s with benefits!
  16. ISKCON News.com: "Days of India": Special Events in a Croatian School
  17. H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami (Ret.): 295–Poem for April 29
  18. H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami (Ret.): OLD FRIENDS
  19. Mayapur Online: Bakul and Champa
  20. Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: Spring Cleaning: Renewable Energy Links
  21. Mayapur Online: Five Prayers to Lord Narasimha
  22. H.H. Sivarama Swami: The royal wedding in London
  23. Gouranga TV: Lecture – Anuttama Prabhu – SB 10.2.13-14 – Respecting other Faiths
  24. Ananda Subramanian, Iowa, USA: Death as a transformation point
  25. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Bhakti Rasamrita Swami
  26. Hari Sauri das, Mayapura, IN: Mayapur TOVP update
  27. Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: Solar On The Water
  28. Japa Group: This Is The Greatest Gain
  29. Sita-pati dasa, AU: Melbourne Harinam live!
  30. Book Distribution News: Prabhupada Sells the Gita
  31. Dandavats.com: More Poems
  32. Dandavats.com: Food for Life Tsunami relief in Japan - Week 2
  33. Dandavats.com: Mark your calendar! May 15th
  34. ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Today's Darsana
  35. More Recent Articles
  36. Search Planet ISKCON
  37. Prior Mailing Archive

H.G. Sankarshan das Adhikari, USA: Saturday 30 April 2011--At Home Everywhere--and--Fourteen Planetary Systems

A daily broadcast of the Ultimate Self Realization Course(TM) Saturday 30 April 2011 The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krishna, and His eternal consort, Srimati Radharani are enjoying transcendental pastimes in the topmost planet of the spiritual world, Sri Goloka Vrindavan. They are beckoning us to rejoin them. (Click on photo to see a larger image.) Our Mission: To help everyone awaken their original Krishna consciousness, which is eternal, full of knowledge and full of bliss. Such a global awakening will, in one stroke, solve all the problems of the world society bringing in a new era of unprecedented peace and prosperity for all. May that day, which the world so desperately needs, come very soon. We request you to participate in this mission by reviving your dormant Krishna consciousness and assisting us in spreading this science all over the world. Dedicated with love to ISKCON Founder-Acharya: His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, our beloved spiritual master, and to you, our dear readers. Today's Thought: At Home Everywhere Uploaded from Kaunas, Lithuania The majority of my time is spent in circling the globe through six different continents for spreading the ultimate liberating message of Krishna consciousness to awaken the sleeping souls of this planet to their original identities, which are eternal, full of knowledge, and full of bliss. One of the most remarkable things I have noticed in my travels is that wherever I happen to be feels like my home. When I depart from that place to go to the next destination I feel like I am leaving my home behind. But when I arrive at the next destination I feel that I have returned to my home. This never ceases to amaze me, but actually it is not surprising because Krishna is my only shelter, my only home and He is everywhere. Sankarshan Das Adhikari At Home Teaching Krishna Consciousness Vilnius, Lithuania--28April 2011 http://www.backtohome.com/images/2011-Spring/vilnius_lecture.JPG Answers According to the Vedic Version: Question: Fourteen Planetary Systems Hare Krishna Gurudeva All Glories to Srila Prabhupada!! Which are the fourteen divisions of planetary systems? In which one is the planet earth located? Thank you for all your blessings, R.C. Answer: Bhurloka, Bhuvarloka, etc. The seven upper planetary systems are called Bhur, Bhuvar, Svar, Mahar, Janas, Tapas and Satya. They are situated one above the other. There are also seven lower planetary systems one below the other, known as Atala, Vitala, Sutala, Talatala, Mahatala, Rasatala and Patala. We are situated in the Bhur planetary system. Sankarshan Das Adhikari Transcendental Resources: Receive the Special Blessings of Krishna Now you too can render the greatest service to the suffering humanity and attract the all-auspicious blessings of Lord Sri Krishna upon yourself and your family by assisting our mission. Lectures and Kirtans in Audio and Video: Link to High Definition Videos Link to Over 1,000 Lecture Audios Lecture-Travel Schedule for 2011 http://www.ultimateselfrealization.com/schedule Have Questions or Need Further Guidance? Check out the resources at: http://www.ultimateselfrealization.com or write Sankarshan Das Adhikari at: sda@backtohome.com Get your copy today of the world's greatest self-realization guide book, Bhagavad-gita As It Is available at: http://www.ultimateselfrealization.com/store Know someone who could benefit from this? Forward it to them. Searchable archives of all of course material: http://www.sda-archives.com Receive Thought for the Day as an RSS feed:http://www.backtohome.com/rss.htm Unsubscribe or change your email address Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Daily_Thought Sankarshan Das Adhikari on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SDASITE Thought for the Day on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ultimate-Self-Realization-Course-tm/115602131855817 Copyright 2005-2011 by Ultimate Self Realization.Com Distribution of this material is encouraged. Simply we request you to acknowledge where it is coming from with a link to our sign up page: http://www.backtohome.com Our records indicate that at requested to be enrolled to receive e-mails from the Ultimate Self Realization Course at: This request was made on: From the following IP address:

 
Email to a friend

Dandavats.com: Harmony and the Bhagavad-gita: Lessons from a Life-Changing Move to the Wilderness

Visakha dasi: Recently I published a third book about the Bhagavad-gita, called Harmony and the Bhagavad-gita: Lessons from a Life-Changing Move to the Wilderness. This book and the other two are for different age readers and all three books are meant to intrigue people to read Srila Prabhupada's Bhagavad-gita As It Is

 
Email to a friend

 

ProFlowers - Send ProFlowers starting at $19.99

Dandavats.com: The Launch Of H.H. Bhaktisvarupa Damodar Website

Buddhi108: Hari Bol ---I Would Like To Advertize The Launch Of H.H. Bhaktisvarupa Damodar Website Http://www.bhaktibhajankirtan.com

 
Email to a friend

 

Dandavats.com: Balarama Jayanti New Mayapura

Govinda Das: We beg you to join us for the celebration of Lord Balarama’s appearance day from the 9th till the 13th of august 2011 in New Mayapura, France. HH Sacinandana will be giving class every morning as well as holding a daily japa seminar from 10:00 till 13:00.

 
Email to a friend

 

ISKCON News.com: Simplicity Diet

By Bharat Chandra Das on 30 Apr 2011

It is not possible to achieve self-sufficiency in our village community projects and it is not possible to become simple. Our conditioning with opulent food that is what we look to replicate in our agricultural practices. Even if by some intelligent arrangement if this is possible, we loose the purpose - the simplicity. How much true is Srila Prabhupada's statement - "Use ONLY what you produce, produce ONLY what you need"!


 
Email to a friend

 

ISKCON Toronto, Canada: A Sneak-Peak at Tomorrow's Enchanting Evening with the Chhandam Dance Company & Toronto Tabla Ensemble!

Tickets have practically sold out for tomorrow's special fundraising presentation, "An Enchanting Evening with the Chhandam Dance Company and the Toronto Tabla Ensemble". The evening will feature traditional Kathak dance performances by Joanna das along with the stunning sounds by the Toronto Tabla Ensemble and is being billed as a kick-off of the countdown to the annual Festival of India (Ratha-Yatra) in July.

Tonight was dedicated to setting up and doing a run-through of the technical aspects of the evening and we thought it would be nice to give a sneak-preview into the what the event will look like. Check out the picture below!


Tickets might still be available, so please contact Rishi at (416) 597-9075. Entrance is $25 and the evening will begin at 6pm.
 
Email to a friend

 

H.H. Devamrita Swami: The Krishna Problem

"Why does Krishna sport in amorous pastimes, when so many persons can misunderstand these affairs, especially in India," a devotee asked me. In other words, wouldn't it be better for Krishna's public image and profile, if He were more, say, lackluster or indifferent in certain departments? Then no controversies, no complications to agitate mundane minds and their conceptions—people could more easily accept Him, unencumbered by doubts or confusion. 

My answer: How can the Supreme Absolute Truth be perfect and complete unless pure, divine romance is included? Krishna is the supreme enjoyer, so why "emasculate Him"—that is, strip Him of His internal potencies and His internal affairs?

People commonly acknowledge God's creative, maintaining, and destructive potencies, so why seek to deprive the Complete Whole of His potencies for exchanging pure love with His pure parts? If you're actually a theist, then let's admit to the whole package.

How can Supreme Absolute Truth be all-attractive without personal loving affairs, of the sweetest type? If indeed Krishna is the source of everything, then the trail of all relationship expressions we experience in the material world leads back to Him, the ultimate origin.

Without our understanding the full gamut of divine personalism in perfection, we have no choice but to remain attracted to the insubstantial, shadowy relationships of material existence. Hence, while praising God for His creative majesty or impersonal omnipresence, we will remain hopelessly embedded in mundane affairs of the heart.


 
Email to a friend

 

Japa Group: Enter The Kṛṣṇa Planet


So if one quits his body at the end of life chanting Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare/ Hare Rāma, Hare Rāma, Rāma Rāma, Hare Hare, he certainly reaches one of the spiritual planets, according to the mode of his practice. The devotees of Kṛṣṇa enter the Kṛṣṇa planet, Goloka Vṛndāvana.

Bhagavad-gītā As It Is 8.13

 
Email to a friend

 

Toronto Sankirtan Team, CA: Subway meeting

I was in the subway and had prashad with me-then I saw this nice lady come sit near me. I know we aren't allowed to sell on the subway and I was wondering what to do. Knowing the power of these books I thought they would sell themselves :). So I placed the chant and be happy on the seat between me and her. Then slowly I kept the fliers on it and tried to look away. Within seconds she picked the flier and I immediately said hi. We started talking and I showed her the chant and be happy. She started to tell me she had just returned after 10 years in Germany where she was studying spirituality and theatre. I told her how the Beatles studied yoga with prabhupada and she happily took the book with a donation. Then she learnt to say Gauranga as she was leaving.

 
Email to a friend

 

ISKCON News.com: North American Youth Bus Tour Turns Triple Threat

By Madhava Smullen for ISKCON News on 29 Apr 2011

This summer, as he has every year since 1995, ISKCON Youth Ministry volunteer Manu Dasa will take a host of youth across North America on the trip of their lives, visiting incredible nature spots and participating in Krishna conscious festivals.


 
Email to a friend

 

Devadeva Mirel, Alachua, USA: Free Fun : Alachua Picture Tour

I really do love my little north Florida town. We have been here 3 years–the longest we’ve been anywhere other than our childhood homes–and we’re still digging it. I’ve been wanting to photograph my neighborhood of downtown Alachua for some time now but have not done so because my camera is a piece. Well, I just got a new piece and decided to take it with me on my stroll today with the baby. It’s a new Powershot and I’ve thoroughly screwed up the settings so please forgive the lack of focus. It’s a Powershot, so there is not much I can say about the poor zoom quality.

Things you will notice: My neighborhood is cute but not at all fancy. I really like old metal roofs. And the foliage is super green after last night’s rainstorm.

IMG_0138 IMG_0142 IMG_0143 IMG_0144 IMG_0146 IMG_0148 IMG_0151 IMG_0152 IMG_0153 IMG_0154 IMG_0155 IMG_0156 IMG_0158 IMG_0159 IMG_0160 IMG_0161 IMG_0162 IMG_0163 IMG_0165 IMG_0166 IMG_0168 IMG_0170 IMG_0171 IMG_0172 IMG_0174 IMG_0175 IMG_0176 IMG_0177 IMG_0178 IMG_0179 IMG_0180 IMG_0183 IMG_0184 IMG_0189 IMG_0190 IMG_0191 IMG_0192 IMG_0193 IMG_0195 IMG_0196 IMG_0197 IMG_0199 IMG_0200 IMG_0204 IMG_0264 IMG_0265 IMG_0267 IMG_0271 IMG_0272 IMG_0273 IMG_0275 IMG_0280 IMG_0281 IMG_0282 dodge IMG_0284 IMG_0286 IMG_0287 IMG_0289 IMG_0290 IMG_0293 IMG_0301 IMG_0302 IMG_0303 IMG_0311 IMG_0316 IMG_0318 IMG_0321 IMG_0322 IMG_0324 IMG_0257

Post to Twitter

 
Email to a friend

 

ISKCON News.com: Mad Milk for a Mad World

By Devamrita Swami for ISKCON News on 29 Apr 2011

You already know that the processed milk sold in shops remarkably differs from the cow's original gift of love. Now clever scientists want to distort the miracle food even more. They do this by cloning cows—altering them by inserting human genes into their DNA.


 
Email to a friend

 

Bhakti Lata, Alachua, USA: Whirlpool of Words


My brain swirls in whirlpools of words.

I write this in those suspended midnight hours. For hours now - hours - I have labored over three speeches that I am writing for my Speech Writing class.

The other evening I attended a live theater performance, and one of my professors stepped in to say the lines: "Writers aren't sacred, words are."

When for the Lord, sacred indeed.

***

To pray is to serve; to serve is to love; to love is to live. I pray to serve my spiritual master with love for as long as I live.  


The Lord is my North Star when I am lost and I have lost everything; the Lord is my sun when I am found and I have found everything. 
 
Email to a friend

 

ISKCON News.com: Sai Baba Dead at 86

By ISKCON News Staff for ISKCON News on 29 Apr 2011

Indian guru Sri Sathya Sai Baba died Sunday in a hospital in southern India. He was 86.


 
Email to a friend

 

David Haslam, UK: Friend’s with benefits!

The other day I was reminded of one of my young colleges and how what was initially proposed as the future of relationships turning sower and shows how intelligence can be simply covered by the desire’s of the body. You see when we first met you couldn’t but notice her feminine beauty being one of [...]

 
Email to a friend

 

ISKCON News.com: "Days of India": Special Events in a Croatian School

By Aradhana Dasi for ISKCON News on 29 Apr 2011

In mid-April, a school in Croatia attended by two devotee children, Naryana and Nila, held three "Days of India". Their parents and other older devotees got to talk, cook, dance, organize a musical presentation.


 
Email to a friend

 

H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami (Ret.): 295–Poem for April 29

www.sdgonline.org. SDGonline Daily updates

5:01 A.M.

A Writer of Pieces

New format—I will begin with a poem written on the day of its printing. Then I will print random excerpts of books I have printed over the last 35 years. I hope this variety will be pleasing.

Poem for April 29

Without pain I chant
in the darkness and as I
just finish my sixteen
all the birds in the trees
start chirping, it’s nice.
My friend put Narayana on
the spot and asked him,
‘Are you saying the prayers to
Hanuman and the Asvini Kumaras
for your guru maharaja’s longevity?’
Narayana was a bit taken aback
by the importance he gave to
astrology, but he has no objection
to saying the prayers. I say
them for extension of my life
in this body while I pray
to Radha Govinda for placement
in the eternal realm.

Narayana says my preaching
is good because I’m not
trying to grind an axe
or do empire-building but
just giving people a chance
to come to Prabhupada and Krishna.

The autobiog survives on
a daily basis as I wait
for inspiration to continue
as I write in the mood.

As for krishna-kathah
we are reading of a
time when Arjuna failed
to save the sons of a citizen
from death at childbirth. It was
all an arrangement by Krishna
so He took Arjuna in His
chariot and they climbed
through the skies to the dark
curtain of the material covering
where the horses hesitated.
But Krishna shone the light
of His sudarsana disc and they
went forward into the
brahmajyoti. I’ll tell
you of their ultimate destination.
It’s an interesting piece of
krishna-lila where the Lord
meets with Vishnu in the
spiritual world for a
personal darsana.

 
Email to a friend

 

H.H. Satsvarupa das Goswami (Ret.): OLD FRIENDS

www.sdgonline.org. SDGonline Daily updates

From Vandanam

“Lord Krishna and Prabhupada speak to me

“Am I claiming that God talks to me every day? Yes. Krishna and Prabhupada speak to me, especially in these prayer sessions. And neither is it my imagination. They speak to me through the scriptures.

“At this point in my session, I open my eyes, reach out for the Bhagavad-gita and begin to read. But it’s not the usual kind of reading. I’ve gone through the Bhagavad-gita and picked out verses in which Krishna is directly speaking. I turn to them one at a time and read them slowly, receptively. I pause and pray to Krishna to reveal to me the meaning of the text and how I can explain and how I can apply it. I spend ten or twenty minutes in this way on a single verse and purport. Krishna speaks and His pure devotee explains it and helps me to understand his beloved Lord. I’ve always accepted that the Supreme Lord is speaking in Prabhupada’s books and Prabhupada’s translations and purports.

‘The words are directly spoken by Krishna or Vyasa, or by His Divine Grace, and they are not different than Krishna. But this process of slowing down and reading, not for information, but for hearing and being with Krishna, opens up new realms. You may try it and see if it works for you. At other times in the day, I continue to read Prabhupada’s books at the normal pace, but for the prayer sessions, I just let one or two verses sink in, and I listen to the sound of Krishna speaking to me here and now.

“It’s not that I always try to apply it in some practical way for immediate action. But I try to make it an intimate meeting. Some sessions are more ‘samadhi-like’ and personal than other times, but but it’s always worthwhile. I don’t get bored, and I know by this prayerful reading I’ll never ‘finish’ Prabhupada’s books.”

(to be continued tomorrow)

From
The Daily News: All Things Fail without Krishna

“How We Die

“I read a book review in the newspaper featuring two new books on death and dying. Sherwin Nuland, a Yale surgeon, takes a look at six of the ways we’re most likely to die. The review says, ‘His hope in writing How We Die is that patients and doctors alike will begin to look at death in a more realistic and humane way. Any reader who is still not convinced of his own mortality . . . is bound to be altered in some profound way by this book.’

“We do die, that’s the first lesson to get through. But according to Mahabharata, it’s rare to find a person who is convinced of his mortality. That’s the virtue of these two books being reviewed: they attempt to ‘demythologize the process of dying.’

“Dr. Nuland is serious. He tells us death won’t be easy:

“‘The ideal of a dignified or good or peaceful death is in all probability going to be frustrated. Most of us die in one of these six ways (heart attack and stroke, old age, Alzheimer’s and other dementia, trauma, AIDS, and cancer) or in ways closely related to them, and none tends to be gentle. A realization of this by the doctor, the patient and the patient’s beloved have many implications for all those involved in the death. The most thoughtful implication, perhaps, is the notion that if one hopes to die with dignity, one’s best assurance of that end is to live with dignity.’”

“Dr. Nuland’s statements remind us of Srila Prabhupada’s remark: ‘Don’t think this won’t happen to you.’ As for dignity, we saw the ideal example in Srila Prabhupada’s passing away.

“Dignity at death is not just a matter of being civilized, gentlemanly or even stoical. These attitudes may help us face death from the material point of view, but death is more than ‘life’s final moments.’ Death means the soul’s leaving one body and journeying to another.

:Therefore the real question is not what happens during the brief moments of death but where we will go afterwards. Medical books and thoughtful doctors don’t touch on that. Dr. Nuland readily admits that his subject doesn’t encompass ‘beyond death.’ But a serious human being will want to know. Regarding how to face life’s last moments, the book reviewer says, ‘This is knowledge we all should have.’ But how much more important it is to gain knowledge of death in terms of the next life.

“According to the Bhagavad-gita, ‘Whatever state of being one remembers when he quits his body, O Son of Kunti, that state he will attain without fail.’ (Bg. 8.6) Srila Prabhupada comments: ‘Of course, one’s thoughts during the course of one’s life accumulate to influence one’s thoughts at the moment of death. So this life creates one’s next life.’

“‘The subject matter which attracts the dying man becomes the beginning of his next life. Therefore if one is absorbed in thoughts of the Supreme Lord, Sri Krishna, one is sure to go back to Godhead, without any doubt.’ (Bhagavatam 1.9.30, purport)

“No one can expect to remember the Supreme Personality of Godhead at death if he hasn’t practiced remembering Him in life. Dr. Nuland assures us that we should not expect a peaceful death. Death is a time of great physical and mental disturbance. Therefore we should practice transcendence through yoga before the time of death. This is the deeper meaning of the doctor’s advice: ‘If one hopes to die with dignity, one’s best assurance of that end is to live with dignity.’ The practice which the Vedic knowledge recommends for transcending death, both during our lifetime and during the crucial moment of leaving the body is the sacrifice of chanting and hearing the names of God.

“‘. . . If one quits his body at the end of life chanting Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare, he certainly reaches one of the spiritual planets, according to the mode of his practice. The devotees of Krishna enter the Krishna planet, Goloka Vrndavana.’ (Bg. 8.13, purport)

“A life of chanting and other devotional activities is the best way to prepare for death. Krishna says, ‘For one who always remembers Me without deviation, I am easy to obtain, O Son of Prtha, because of his constant engagement in devotional service.’ (Bg. 8.14)

“Srila Prabhupada sums it up:

‘Every man or animal must die at a certain stage of life, but one who dies like Bhismadeva attains perfection, and one who dies forced by the laws of nature dies like an animal. That is the difference between a man and an animal. The human form of life is especially meant for dying like Bhismadeva.’ (Bhagavatam 1.9.43, purport)

“Although people will politely acknowledge that a realistic and humane approach to death is important to them, few feel compelled to search for it. As long as death is seen as The End, then it doesn’t seem that important whether they die with dignity or go out screaming. As a matter of fact, they prefer not to think about death at all. When they do think about it, it only impels them to cram in as much sense gratification as possible before the end.

“We need education in the meaning of death. We look for the day when there will be next-life counseling, although at present no therapists are equipped to deal with death in this way. One who knows the science of bhakti-yoga can actually counsel persons in dying, death,and what lies beyond. The real art is to attain eternal life. Although we commend Dr. Nuland for taking the subject of death so seriously, we have to acknowledge his ignorance. He cannot help us because he does not understand the meaning of death. There’s a science for dying, death, and going to the next life. That science is taught in the Bhagavad-gita.

 
Email to a friend

 

Mayapur Online: Bakul and Champa

Bakul, Champa, Parijata flowers are well known for their sweet fragrance and offered to deities for worship. Ancient sages hail that these trees are heavenly and references are there in the scriptures of offering these flowers to the Lord.The bakul flowers are tiny, but have a potently sweet fragrance which pervades the surrounding area. Blooming at night, it spreads a thick carpet along the pavements and walking through it is a divine experience.

read more

 
Email to a friend

 

Madhava Ghosh dasa, New Vrndavan, USA: Spring Cleaning: Renewable Energy Links

I get some renewable energy newsletters and though you would never know it if you only read/view the fossil fuel controlled mass media, there is a ton of stuff going on. I accumulate some links thinking to post them but I have way more than I will get to so here is a bunch of excerpts from them so I can clean up my Bookmarks.

Gambling When We Don’t Have To

He and I shared a concern about the increasingly hostile, anti-clean energy propaganda from dirty energy-funded critics who are trying to position clean energy as expensive, subsidy-dependent, and “not ready.”…

  • Fossil fuel welfare costs exponentially more than the current, basic policy support for renewables.
  • Policy support for clean energy is something that taxpayers want by overwhelming margins of 70%-90%, while only 8% of Americans want coal and oil corporations to continue receiving their current federal subsidies.
  • Highly profitable, mature dirty energy industries don’t just get subsidies.  They’re also showered with tax breaks, cheap access to public property and forgiven externalities - $500 billion annually for coal alone.
  • Though it claims it’s cheap, dirty energy is on its seventh decade of welfare, without which it can’t survive, according to one of its most ardent defenders….

Who’s Winning the Clean Energy Race?

Total Clean Energy investment in 2010 was $243 billion.

  • Up 30% over 2009

Solar Photovoltaic (PV) installations grew 53% over 2009

  • 17 GW of solar was installed in 2010
  • Distributed solar (less than 1 MW) installations doubled to $56 billion, accounting for 26% of total installations.
  • PV hit grid parity in southern Italy due to high electricity prices and good insolation.

Wind grew 34%

  • 40 GW added in 2010

Biofuels slumped

  • Lowest investment since 2005
  • Some markets are oversupplied with conventional biofuels
  • Next generation biofuels are not ready

Solar thermal was not tracked by the report.

  • Concentration Solar Power (CSP) and direct use solar thermal (for water, space, and process heating) were not included
  • I mention this because these are much more significant sectors than marine power, which was included in the report, and given the Pew center’s goal of providing information to policymakers to help them make better informed decisions, I’m hoping they will take the hint and include these important sectors in their next report update…

Phoenix Solar builds solar power plant for the Saudi Arabian Oil Company in Riyadh

Sulzemoos, 14 February 2011 / Oman-based Phoenix Solar L.L.C., a subsidiary of Phoenix Solar AG (ISIN DE000A0BVU93), an international photovoltaic system integrator listed on the German TecDAX, is to build a solar park with a peak power of 3.5 megawatts for the Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco). Saudi Aramco, the world’s largest oil producing company, commissioned Phoenix Solar last year to install a photovoltaic testing field designed to analyse different module technologies at its headquarters in Dhahran…

How Much Could We Save If We Harness Solar and Wind with Electric Vehicles?

We might save money if we harnessed solar and wind to displace all our coal and all the gasoline used for light duty vehicles (cars, SUVs, pick-ups). Let’s see how this works…

Pathway To a 100% Renewable EU by 2050 Unveiled

Brussels, Belgium [RenewableEnergyWorld.com] The European Renewable Energy Council (EREC) this week released its new report RE-thinking 2050 a pathway how the European Union can switch to a 100% renewable energy supply for electricity, heating and cooling as well as transport, examining the effects on Europe’s energy supply system and on CO2 emissions. RE-thinking 2050, was initially launched last week.

It assesses how the different renewable energy technologies can contribute to a fully sustainable energy supply by 2050 provided there is strong political, public and economic support for all renewable energy technologies.

“The potential benefits of a future based on renewable energy are multiple: mitigating climate change, ensuring energy security and creating sustainable future-oriented jobs,” said Arthouros Zervos, president of EREC.


Filed under: Cows and Environment
 
Email to a friend

 

Mayapur Online: Five Prayers to Lord Narasimha

From Sri Navadvipa Bhava Taranga, 36-40, by HDG Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakur.

e dusta hrdaye kama adi ripu chaya
kutinati pratisthasa sathya sada raya
hrdaya-sodhana ara krsnera
nrsimha-carane mora ei to' kamana

read more

 
Email to a friend

 

H.H. Sivarama Swami: The royal wedding in London

How wonderful it would be if all those resources were invested in glorifying Krsna instead. My lament that they are not.

 
Email to a friend

 

Gouranga TV: Lecture – Anuttama Prabhu – SB 10.2.13-14 – Respecting other Faiths

Lecture – Anuttama Prabhu – SB 10.2.13-14 – Respecting other Faiths

 
Email to a friend

 

Ananda Subramanian, Iowa, USA: Death as a transformation point

The philosophy of Krishna Consciousness puts a lot of weight on the concept of “death”. Now for a common man, this may sound morbid and pessimistic. It is morbid and pessimistic only if we think “death” is the end of life. The Krishna Consciousness philosophy does not say that death is the end of life but rather death is seen as a point of transformation of the soul from one body to another. We die only to be transferred into another body with another set of rules and circumstances. It is important therefore, to visualize plan and live our daily lives not as “one life of 100 years" but as endless waves of different life forms (including plants and animals).

Just as, in my youth, I prepare for my next stage of adulthood and from adulthood I prepare for the next stage of retirement (old age), similarly it is important I prepare my current life for the next life. It is only common sense, assuming I accept the concept of transmigration of the soul into different bodies, to find a solution to put an end to the different bodies I will assume in the future. This continuous birth and death seems cyclical without much sense and hence futile (not to speak of the miseries associated with it). Therefore it is ok to talk about death as a tangible reality in the mood of transformation than as an end.

This whole conversation is out of the window if I think I have only one life to live. Of course I believe in the transmigration of the soul from one body to another and hence am preparing my current life for a better future (and that includes for future bodies).

If you believe in the concept of the transmigration of the soul, then please think about your next life and prepare for it now. Chant Hare Krishna!

Hare Krishna

 
Email to a friend

 

ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Daily Class - Bhakti Rasamrita Swami

Srimad Bhagavatam 12.5.3 - Krsna is the original seed of all existences (bijam mam sarva-bhutanam...)

 
Email to a friend

 

Hari Sauri das, Mayapura, IN: Mayapur TOVP update

Here’s a few photos of the TOVP construction, taken just before I left Mayapur to start the first leg of the first part of my 2011 tour (more about that shortly).

Salient feature is the addition of the second tower crane

The addition of the second crane gives aerial reach to every part of the building site. You can see it is heavily ballasted at its base with tons of concrete blocks.

And the construction continues to rapidly progress.

Currently the final 1/4 of the temple room floor is waiting to be laid. It takes four days and nights of continuous concrete pumping to do the job and due to some unseasonal rainfall the laying of this final section of the slab has been slightly delayed until the weather clears.

 
Email to a friend

 

Yoga of Ecology, Bhakta Chris, USA: Solar On The Water



Peter DaSilva for The New York Times

Elvin Batz, an installer at SPG Solar, checks the pontoon structure and panels of a floating solar array in an irrigation pond in Petaluma, Calif.

PETALUMA, Calif. — Solar panels have sprouted on countless rooftops, carports and fields in Northern California. Now, several start-up companies see potential for solar panels that float on water.

Green

A blog about energy and the environment.


Mark Defeo

The solar panel system at Far Niente Winery involves nearly 1,000 panels on pontoons and about 1,300 panels on adjacent land.

Already, 144 solar panels sit atop pontoons moored on a three-acre irrigation pond surrounded by vineyards in Petaluma in Sonoma County. Some 35 miles to the north, in the heart of the Napa Valley, another array of 994 solar panels covers the surface of a pond at the Far Niente Winery.

“Vineyard land in this part of the Napa Valley runs somewhere between $200,000 and $300,000 an acre,” said Larry Maguire, Far Niente’s chief executive. “We wanted to go solar but we didn’t want to pull out vines.”

The company that installed the two arrays, SPG Solar of Novato, Calif., as well as Sunengy of Australia and Solaris Synergy of Israel, are among the companies trying to develop a market for solar panels on agricultural and mining ponds, hydroelectric reservoirs and canals. While it is a niche market, it is potentially a large one globally. The solar panel aqua farms have drawn interest from municipal water agencies, farmers and mining companies enticed by the prospect of finding a new use for — and new revenue from — their liquid assets, solar executives said.

Sunengy, for example, is courting markets in developing countries that are plagued by electricity shortages but have abundant water resources and intense sunshine, according to Philip Connor, the company’s co-founder and chief technology officer.

Chris Robine, SPG Solar’s chief executive, said he had heard from potential customers as far away as India, Australia and the Middle East. When your land is precious, he said, “There’s a great benefit in that you have clean power coming from solar, and it doesn’t take up resources for farming or mining.”

Sunengy, based in Sydney, said it had signed a deal with Tata Power, India’s largest private utility, to build a small pilot project on a hydroelectric reservoir near Mumbai. Solaris Synergy, meanwhile, said it planned to float a solar array on a reservoir in the south of France in a trial with the French utility EDF.

MDU Resources Group, a $4.3 billion mining and energy infrastructure conglomerate based in Bismarck, N.D., has been in talks with SPG Solar about installing floating photovoltaic arrays on settling ponds at one of its California gravel mines, according to Bill Connors, MDU’s vice president of renewable resources.

“We don’t want to put a renewable resource project in the middle of our operations that would disrupt mining,” Mr. Connors said. “The settling ponds are land we’re not utilizing right now except for discharge and if we can put that unproductive land into productive use while reducing our electric costs and our carbon foot footprint, that’s something we’re interested in.”

 
Email to a friend

 

Japa Group: This Is The Greatest Gain


I remember our old flyer, “Stay High Forever, No More Coming Down.” In this case, the “high” is to stay transcendental. It does not mean to be intoxicated; it means to be above the clouds of the material modes of fear and attraction. By chanting I can understand that I am not this body—I’m the servant of Krsna. This is the greatest gain.

From Japa Reform Notebook
by Satsvarupa dasa Goswami
 
Email to a friend

 

Sita-pati dasa, AU: Melbourne Harinam live!

 

Live video chat by Ustream

Taking it to the next level - Melbourne are streaming tonight's harinam live, from 6pm AEST.

 
Email to a friend

 

Book Distribution News: Prabhupada Sells the Gita

I was outside Foodtown in the Mt. Eden section of Auckland. I had three "Journey of Self-discovery"s in my bag.

A short man in his 60s with a long white beard called out to me as he emerged from the supermarket's sliding doors: "Got the Bhagavad-gita?"

I told him "Sure! I've got a few copies in my car," and began accompanying him to the car, which was parked a few yards from the entrance. As we walked he asked whether the Gita I was going to show him was the original one, unchanged. He wanted the Gita exactly as Prabhupada had translated it. Noticing the man's age and the way he spoke, I asked him if he was affiliated with ISKCON from Prabhupada's days.

"Yes, I lived in a temple in Australia and also one they had in this area. In fact, we used to go on morning walks with Prabhupada in a park nearby here."

The man then imitated Prabhupada walking with long strides and head held high, just as we see on the videos.

"We were young boys and girls, but we always struggled to keep up with him." He became emotional remembering his days with Prabhupada.

He explained to me he'd been desiring to get a copy of the "Bhagavad-gita As It Is" for a while, since he'd lost his copy but hadn't found a replacement till now.

He thought it was very magnificent that we had met today, as Prabhupada had come to him the night before in a dream. The man lifted his arms and danced a few steps of "the swami step." While he danced and remembered his dream, more tears came to his eyes. Then he brought his hands down and opened the Gita, saying that Prabhupada's purports always confirmed to him that this knowledge is the truth.

Then the man quickly thanked me for my time and, clutching the Gita, left.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Your servant, Gokula Lila dd

 
Email to a friend

 

Dandavats.com: More Poems

Gautam Saha: Five thousand years ago, on the battlefield of Kurukshetra Krsna the All Merciful Karuna Sindhu, became the charioteer of Partha Krsna, the friend, philosopher and guide of Arjuna, his persona grata The Lord is therefore Parthasarthy, the charioteer of Partha

 
Email to a friend

 

Dandavats.com: Food for Life Tsunami relief in Japan - Week 2

Food for Life Global: Food for Life Global affiliate FFL Japan provided over 1000 kgs of fresh fruits and vegetables on Sunday to shelters in Wataricho Shiyakysho in the Miyagi-ken district

 
Email to a friend

 

Dandavats.com: Mark your calendar! May 15th

Murari Sevaka: Monday May 16th is Nrsimha Caturdasi: the appearance of Lord Nrsimhadeva. We will be celebrating this auspicious event on the day before, Sunday May 15th.

 
Email to a friend

 

ISKCON Melbourne, AU: Today's Darsana

Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura based the following song on the eighth verse of Srila Rupa Goswami's Upadesamrta:

29/04/11
"Always dwelling in the holy land of Vraja, become a practitioner of raganuga-bhakti (spontaneous loving devotion) while engaging in smarana (remembrance) and kirtana (glorification). Spend every moment of your time in these ways. Just accept this as the essence of all instructions."
(Bhajana-Lalasa in Saranagati).




Let us follow their instructions by taking
darsana of Vrajanatha to enhance our smarana and go on the maha-harinama at 6.30pm for a night of kirtana.

 
Email to a friend

More Recent Articles


ProFlowers - Send ProFlowers starting at $19.99




 


Your requested content delivery powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 9 Thoreau Way, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA. +1.978.776.9498

  
























TABLA - FUENTES - FONTS


SOUV2BalaramScaGoudyFOLIO 4.2Biblica Font







free counters


Disculpen las Molestias





Planet ISKCON - 2010  ·  Planet ISKCON - 2011

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Archivo del blog